ADS

Grilled Lamb Chops in Red Currant and Rosemary Sauce

Grilled Lamb Chops in Red Currant and Rosemary Sauce

When I was at the market two weeks ago I saw some red currants that looked really nice. I searched the internet for some recipes that used red currants but I could not find much. In the end I decided to use this recipe for grilled lamb chops as a base and I modified it to use red currants. Since the few recipes that I did find with red currants used red currant jam I decided to add some honey to balance the sourness of the vinegar and the currants. This weekend I picked the red currants up when I was at the market. The dish turned out surprisingly well. The red currants added a really nice tartness. I will definitely be making this again.

Ingredients:
4 lamb chops
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons red currants (crushed)
2 tablespoons rosemary (chopped)
1 tablespoon honey
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Trim the fat from around the lamb chops.
2. Place the lamb chops into a ziplock bag with the rest of the ingredients. Place the ziplock bag into the fridge and let marinate for 30 minutes to a few hours.
3. Broil the lamb chops in the oven for about 5 minutes per side.
4. Place the marinade into a small pan and reduce to a sauce.
5. Place the lamb chop onto a plate and cover with the sauce.

Similar Recipes:
Lamb Chops with Pomegranate and Red Wine Sauce
Lamb Chops in Cherry and Port Sauce

Take a look at the Weekend Herb Blogging roundup at Food Blogga.

No comments:

Post a Comment