ADS

Zucchini Carbonara

Zucchini Carbonara

I have really been enjoying the courgettes or zucchini so far this year. I was wondering how I could in corporate them into a pasta dish. I was looking in my fridge trying to find some inspiration when I saw some left over bacon. What could be better than a simple zucchini and bacon carbonara sauce? This dish was really amazing. I think the trick was to use the bacon fat to fry the zucchini rather than using oil. I will definitely be adding this recipe to my list of favorites.

Ingredients:
1 serving penne
4 slices bacon (sliced)
2 small zucchini
1 clove garlic (chopped)
pepper to taste
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)

Directions:
1. Start cooking the penne.
2. Fry the bacon in a pan.
3. Cut the zucchini into penne shaped pieces.
4. Drain most of the fat from the pan but reserve some to cook the zucchini.
5. Add the zucchini, garlic and pepper and toss to coat in the bacon fat.
6. Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and parmigiano reggiano in a bowl.
7. Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
8. Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
9. Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
10. Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
11. Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.

Similar Recipes:
Butternut Squash Carbonara
Shrimp Carbonara
Asparagus Carbonara
Pasta alla Carbonara
Bolognese Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Fiddlehead Carbonara
Zucchini Pistou Pasta
Spaghetti alla Carbonara with Peas
Roasted Brussels Sprout Carbonara

No comments:

Post a Comment