ADS

Greek Yogurt with Walnuts and Honey

Greek Yogurt with Walnuts and Honey


I have been hearing about Greek Yogurt for a while now but I have not been able to find it. This weekend I was determined to come home with some. In the end I found some at the back of a small shop at the St Lawrence market. Greek Yogurt is strained to remove some of the moisture giving it a thicker consistency. I really enjoyed the texture of the Greek yogurt which was closer to that a soft cream cheese. It had the same great sour flavour of regular plain yogurt.

On my way out of the farmers market I walked by the stall of the farmer where I had purchased many tasty melons during the summer and he had some honey marked as melon blossom honey. I remembered seeing photos of Greek yogurt with honey and walnuts so I picked some of the honey up to try. The honey was pretty good though I could not say that I could taste that it was made from melon blossoms.

The Greek yogurt, honey and walnut dish was pretty good. The honey perfectly balanced the sourness of the yogurt and the walnuts added a great flavour and contrast of texture. It makes for a tasty breakfast, dessert or snack, though it is 10% MF...

The Greek yogurt came in a 1 L container so I have a lot to use. I will have to try making some Tzatziki Sauce with it. Then I will have to search the web for other interesting ways of using Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment