ADS

Turkey Stock

I have been wanting to try making my own stock for a while now. When I made my oven roasted turkey drumstick dinner I made sure to cook extra drumsticks so that I could use them to make some turkey stock. I froze all of the bones and leftover meat and vegetables until I was ready to make the stock. Making the stock was pretty easy though it needs to simmer for a long time. It is something that you would want to do on a weekend. The stock had an amazing aroma both while it was cooking and after it was refrigerated.

Ingredients:
* leftover turkey bones and meat
* leftover roasted vegetables (optional)
1 onion (chopped)
2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
2 stalks celery (chopped)
1 sprig of thyme (optional)
1 sprig of rosemary (optional)
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
* water

Directions:
1. Place everything in a large stock pot and cover and fill with water.
2. Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-6 hours adding more water if needed.
3. Let it cool.
4. Stain out the bits reserving the meat if you want to use it in another dish.
5. Refrigerate it and skim of the fat.

Similar Recipes:
Chicken Stock
Chicken Broth
Beef Stock
Vegetable Broth
Shrimp Stock
Ham Broth

No comments:

Post a Comment