ADS

Pan Seared Salmon on Thai Curried Spinach

Pan Seared Salmon on Thai Curried Spinach

Not too long ago I came across this post about salmon and coconut spinach which sounded really good. I was planning on making some teriyaki salmon to go with the coconut spinach but just as I was about to start I had an idea. The coconut spinach recipe reminded me of a Thai curry so I though why not make it Thai curried spinach? I ended up making a dish of pan seared salmon with Thai curried spinach. The salmon seared up really well! It was nice and crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth on the inside. It went really well with the curried coconut spinach. The curried spinach was super tasty! I really like it when I find green vegetable side dish that is as good as if not better than the main dish. I have a feeling that I will be making this spinach fairly often. The best part is that I am still looking forward to trying the original recipe.

Ingredients:
1 serving salmon (de-boned)
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon red Thai curry paste
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon palm sugar (grated or sugar)
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 (6 ounce) package fresh baby spinach

Directions:
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the butter in a pan.
3. Sear the salmon on both sides, about 5 minutes on the skin side followed by 2 minute on the other side.
4. Heat the coconut milk in a pan.
5. Mix in the curry paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
6. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
7. Place the curried spinach on a plate and top with the salmon.

Similar Recipes:
Pan Seared Salmon on Spinach in Tarragon Sauce
Pan Seared Salmon with Dill Sour Cream Sauce
Salmon Teriyaki

No comments:

Post a Comment