ADS

Irish Lamb Stew

Irish Lamb Stew

With Saint Patrick's Day coming up I was feeling like something Irish. I had seen some nice looking lamb at the grocery store and I was thinking that a nice lamb stew would do. It kind of worked out well as we got buried in snow again and the stew really hit the spot on a cold day. I went with a pretty basic lamb stew that contained lamb, onions, carrots and potatoes. I was thinking that you could also add parsnips, rutabaga, barley, celery, etc. Of course I could not resist adding a Guinness to the pot. :) I wanted to get a lot of lamb flavour so I made sure to brown the meat really well. I also wanted the lamb to be fall apart tender so I braised it for several hours. Since I did not want the carrots and potatoes to fall apart I did not add them to the stew until the meat was almost ready and then simmered just long enough to cook the vegetables. The lamb stew turned out really well. It was tasty and had a nice lamb flavour. The lamb was melt in the mouth tender. I enjoyed the lamb stew with a Guinness and some Irish soda bread.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment