ADS

Spinach with Feta Dressing

Spinach with Feta Dressing

I often find myself thinking that dinner is just not complete without a green vegetable. One of my favorite green vegetables is spinach and I decided to have some with my lemon roasted chicken dinner. Since I was going with some Greek flavours with the rest of the meal I decided go continue with the theme for the spinach. This spinach was inspired by the spinach filling of spanakopita. The spinach was pretty tasty. I really enjoyed the spinach, feta, lemon and dill flavour combination. I will be making this again and now I really need want to try making the spanakopita.

Ingredients:
1 bunch spinach (rinsed)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon feta (crumbled into fine bits)
1/2 tablespoon dill (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste
1 green onion (chopped, optional)

Directions:
1. Steam the spinach until wilted.
2. Rinse the spinach in cold water to stop the cooking and drain.
3. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, feta, dill, salt and pepper in a bowl.
4. Mix the dressing and green onions into the spinach.

Similar Recipes:
Spanakorizo (Greek Spinach Rice)
Seasoned Spinach
Spinach with Miso and Mustard Sauce
Spinach with Black Sesame Paste
Spinach and Feta Lasagna (aka Spanakopita Lasagna)

No comments:

Post a Comment