ADS

Baby Bok Choy in Oyster Sauce with Fried Shallots

Baby Bok Choy with Fried Shallots and Oyster Sauce

I have been seeing a few recipes for green vegetables in oyster sauce like this one for steamed baby bok choy in oyster sauce. It looked like a simple and tasty way to enjoy green vegetables. I like to try to include green vegetables in my meals whenever I can. When I was planning my dan dan mian meal I remembered this recipe for steamed greens in oyster sauce and I thought that it would be the perfect way to add some green to the meal. Steaming is one of my favorite way to cook green vegetables and it is quick and simple. The oyster sauce worked really well on the steamed green vegetables. It was tasty but not overpowering. The sauce was salty and a touch sweet and the sesame oil added a great aroma. I served the steamed baby bok choy in oyster sauce with some fried shallots that went well with the sauce. I have heard that fried garlic is a good alternate to the fried shallots and I will have to try it. I also tried some broccolini in the oyster sauce with fried shallots and I imagine that broccoli and asparagus would also work well.

Ingredients:
* green vegetables like baby bok choy or broccolini
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
* fried shallots

Directions:
1. Steam the green vegetables until just tender.
2. Heat the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small sauce pan.
3. Plate the greens, pour the oyster sauce over them and garnish with fried shallots.

Broccolini with Fried Shallots and Oyster Sauce

Similar Recipes:
Baby Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms
Brussels Sprouts in Black Bean Sauce

Serve with:
Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork)

No comments:

Post a Comment