ADS

Chocolate Chunk and Pecan Cookies

Chocolate Chunk and Pecan Cookies

Chocolate chunk cookies are one of my favorite treats. When I was at the grocery store on the weekend I noticed a new brand of chocolate chip cookies. The package advertised two main selling points: 1. They were made with real butter. 2. They had more chocolate than any other ingredient. The cookies sounded pretty good and I was immediately craving chocolate chip cookies. I was almost thinking about getting them but I quickly realized that I would have much more fun making them myself.

They recipe that I normally use for chocolate chip cookies already had real butter and more chocolate than any other ingredient so I was set to go. But, I wanted to play around a bit and I had recently seen a few chocolate chunk cookie recipes that called for pecans. I though that the pecans would add a nice flavour to the cookies but I was in the mood for the texture of a plain chocolate chip cookie. I decided to try pulsing the pecans in the food processor so that they would give the flavour without changing the texture too much.

The cookies turned out really good! I of course could not resist trying them while they were still warm from the oven. They were nice and soft and gooey on the inside and a touch crispy on the outside. They pecans added a nice yet subtle flavour that I enjoyed. I placed some of the cookies in the fridge after they cooled as I like the texture of the cool chocolate in a chocolate chunk cookie.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/8 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1/2 cup pecans (chopped or coarsely ground)

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl.
2. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. Mix in the chocolate and the pecans.
6. Place the dough onto a cookie sheet one table spoon at a time.
7. Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.

Chocolate Chunk and Pecan Cookies

Similar Recipes:
Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
White Chocolate Chunk and Macadamia Nut Cookies
Apricot and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment