ADS

Creamy Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

Creamy Stuffed Portabella Mushroom

Mushrooms are one of my favorite foods and I have been wanting to try doing a stuffed mushroom dish for a while. I came across this recipe for creamy stuffed portabella mushrooms at a perfect time as I had some leftover chicken in my freezer that I wanted to use. This dish sounded really good with lots of butter, cream cheese and white wine though I did cut down on the butter a bit. The stuffed mushrooms were super easy to make and tasted great! I really enjoyed the mushroom flavour and the stuffing was nice and creamy and tasty. The golden brown bread crumb topping added a nice crispy contrast in texture. My cream sauce was nice and thick and clean and easy to eat but I think that I would have liked it to be a bit messier and spill out a bit more. I felt that the dish needed a bit of green and added some green onions as I had them on hand. I look forward to further experimentation with stuffed mushrooms.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
4 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup white wine
1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers
2 large portabella mushrooms
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 cup chicken (cooked and shredded)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup breadcrumbs

Directions:
1. Melt the butter in a pan.
2. Mix in the cream cheese, white wine and red pepper flakes and cook until it thickens.
3. Set aside.
4. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them.
5. Melt the butter in a pan.
6. Add the onion and saute until until tender, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the garlic and saute until until fragrant, about 1 minute.
8. Add the chopped mushroom stems and chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add the cream sauce to the chicken and mushroom mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Pour the filling into the mushroom tops and sprinkle the bread crumbs on.
11. Broil until golden brown, about 8-14 minutes.

Creamy Stuffed Portabella Mushroom

Similar Recipes:
Grilled Portobello and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich with Pistachio Pesto
Roasted Portobello Mushroom Salad
Portabello Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Artichoke Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment