ADS

Dukkah Crusted Pomegranate Marinated Cod

Dukkah Crusted Pomegranate Marinated Cod

I made some dukkah a while ago and I have been wanting to try making a dukkah crusted meat dish with it. I was thinking that I could use fish or chicken or lamb. In the end I found some nice looking cod and went with that. I was going to just do the simple cod with dukkah crust but I found some pomegranate molasses when grocery shopping. I had been looking for the pomegranate molasses for a while and I couldn't wait to try it out. I decided to marinate the cod in the pomegranate molasses along with some lemon juice and honey. The dukkah crusted pomegranate marinated cod turned out pretty good. The dukkah fried up nice and golden brown and added a really nice crispy and crunchy texture. The flavours of the pomegranate marinade came through and went well with the flavours of the dukkah. I would imagine that serving the fish with just one of the dukkah crust or the pomegranate marinade would be good but they went well together. Some of the dukkah crust came off when frying so I sprinkled the fish with some more before serving. I served the dukkah crusted cod with a simple and fresh tabbouleh.

Ingredients:
1 cod fillet
1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons dukkah
1 tablespoon oil

Directions:
1. Marinate the cod in the pomegranate molasses, honey, lemon, salt and pepper for 20-60 minutes.
2. Shake the excess marinade off of the cod.
3. Press the dukkuh onto both sides of the cod.
4. Heat the oil in a pan.
5. Add the cod and fry until cooked and golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side.

Similar Recipes:
Pan Seared Tilapia in Avgolemono Sauce
Tilapia Baked in Salsa Verde

No comments:

Post a Comment