ADS

Lamb Souvlaki

Lamb Souvlaki

One of my favorites Greek dishes is souvlaki and I had been craving it for a while. Souvlaki is grilled skewered meat where the meat can be pork, chicken, beef, swordfish, etc. Since I have been enjoying lamb a lot recently I decided to go with a lamb souvlaki. The meat is marinated in lemon juice, olive oil and herbs such as oregano. Normally when I make souvlaki I serve it in a pita along with some tomatoes, onions and tzatziki but this time I wanted to go with a plated dinner. I could not go without the garlicky tzatziki though. Souvlaki is really easy to make, you just marinate the meat (preferably overnight) and then grill it. I cooked the lamb until it was just medium rare and it was nice and tender and juicy and tasty. The lemon, olive oil and oregano marinade is so simple and yet it adds so much flavour to the souvlaki. I dipped the lamb souvlaki in the tzatziki for some cool creamy and garlicy goodness. I served the lamb souvlaki with spanakorizo (Greek spinach rice) and a cucumber, feta and dill salad. Overall this was a really tasty and flavourful meal!

Ingredients:
1 pound lamb (cut into bite sized pieces)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients and let meat marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
2. Skewer the meat.
3. Cook on the grill or under a broiler for about 8-10 minutes for medium rare.

Similar Recipes:
Chicken Souvlaki/Gyro
Keftedes (Greek Meatballs)
Lamb and Mint Meatballs with Farro Risotto and Cilantro Pesto
Greek Style Pulled Lamb Pitas

No comments:

Post a Comment