ADS

Pan Seared Tilapia in Avgolemono Sauce

Pan Seared Tilapia in Avgolemono Sauce

I have been trying to eat seafood at least once per week. This week I decided to go with a simple pan seared white fish with avgolemono sauce. Avgolemono sauce is a sauce made from eggs and lemons with a bit of broth. I have really been enjoying using avgolemono recently and I though that it would go nicely on fish. I like to add dill to my avgolemono sauce for some extra flavour. This week the tilapia looked good at the fish monger so I went with that. I served the pan seared tilapia with some Israeli couscous. Keeping with the theme I cooked the couscous in chicken stock with some lemon juice and then finished it with some dill. To complete the meal and add a little green was some steamed asparagus. Of course I poured the avgolemono sauce over the couscous and the asparagus along with the tilapia. Overall this was a really tasty lunch.

Ingredients:
2 tilapia fillets
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs
1/2 cup chicken stock (warm)
1 lemon (juice)
1/4 cup dill (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Season the tilapia with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Fry the tilapia until cooked and golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Heat the eggs in a double boiler while whisking until they are frothy.
5. Slowly pour in the lemon juice while whisking.
6. Slowly pour in the chicken stock while whisking.
7. Continue whisking until the sauce thickens enough for your tastes.
8. Serve the tilapia with avgolemono sauce.

Similar Recipes:
Tilapia Piccata
Dukkah Crusted Pomegranate Marinated Cod
Tilapia Baked in Salsa Verde
Halibut Piccata with Baby Artichokes on Quinoa
Asparagus with a Poached Egg in a Dill and Caper Avgolemono Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment