ADS

Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars

Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars

I had seen a few recipes for berry oatmeal bars such as this recipe for strawberry oatmeal bars that looked really good. The strawberry and rhubarb jam was calling to me and I could not resist using it along with some fresh strawberries in some oatmeal bars. The strawberry and rhubarb oatmeal crumble bars were really easy to make and taste great! The only problem that I had was that the bars crumbled easily and did not come out of the pan looking much like bars. Though I did not realize it before making it, the oatmeal crumble recipe was really similar to the topping that I often use on my crumbles and crisps. In fact the strawberry and rhubarb oatmeal crumble bars tasted almost exactly like a strawberry and rhubarb crumble only with a higher ratio of crumble to filling. I think I might have to try one warm with some vanilla ice cream.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter (melted)
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup pecans (chopped)
1/4 cup of strawberry rhubarb jam or strawberry jam
1/2 pound strawberries (sliced)

Directions:
1. Mix the butter into the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, rolled oats and pecans until it resembles a coarse meal.
2. Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking pan.
3. Spread the jam on top.
4. Place the strawberries on the jam.
5. Crumble the remaining oat mixture on top.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble
Date Crumb Bars
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Blueberry Crumb Bars with Lemon Cream Filling

No comments:

Post a Comment