ADS

Teriyaki Salmon and Asparagus, Spinach Salad

Teriyaki Salmon and Asparagus, Spinach Salad

As the days get warmer I find myself turning to salads more often. Add a bit of meat to a salad and you have a nice light meal. One of my favorite meats is salmon and one of my favorite ways to cook it is teriyaki style. I thought that a spinach salad with asparagus and salmon teriyaki would make a nice meal. This would be a great way to use up any leftover salmon teriyaki that you might have. I rarely find myself with leftover salmon teriyaki though and this dish was well worth the effort of cooking the salmon. I dressed the salad with a simple teriyaki based dressing and I filled the salad out with vegetables that I had on hand.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 serving salmon (deboned)
1 handful asparagus
1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
1 clove garlic (grated)
1 lime (juice and zest)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 handfuls baby spinach
1 handful grape tomatoes
1 handful cucumber (sliced)
1 handful peas
1 green onion (sliced)
sesame seeds (toasted)

Directions:
1. Place the teriyaki sauce and the salmon in a ziplock bag and let marinate in the fridge for a 30 minutes to a few hours.
2. Cook the salmon in a preheated oven set to broil for 5-10 minutes. Pour some of the marinade over the salmon several times while cooking.
3. Let the salmon cool.
4. Steam the asparagus until just tender.
5. Run the asparagus under cold water to stop the cooking process.
6. Mix the teriyaki sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, lime juice, lime zest and sesame oil in a small bowl.
7. Assemble salad and top with flaked teriyaki salmon and pour teriyaki dressing on.

Similar Recipes:
Salmon Teriyaki
Teriyaki Mushroom Salad
Chicken and Asparagus Salad with Creamy Tarragon Dressing

Take a look at The Heart of the Matter: Heart Healthy Salad Month roundup on The Heart of the Matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment