ADS

Roasted Strawberry Salad with Baked Goat Cheese

Roasted Strawberry Salad with Baked Goat Cheese

Unfortunately this may well be my last strawberry post for a while. The strawberries were all but gone from the farmers market and there was this one last recipe that I just had to try. Goat cheese is one of my favorites but I had never even thought about breading it and baking it. I had also recently discovered the wonders of roasting strawberries and I thought they would go well with the baked goats cheese. Since the strawberries give off a lot of juice when roasting I used that juice as the base for the salad dressing. I like to add nuts to my salads and I thought that some toasted pecans would go well. This roasted strawberry and baked goats cheese salad was really good! I enjoyed the warm goats cheese with its slightly crisp coating and it went well with the roasted strawberries. The entire salad was covered in the amazing flavour of the roasted strawberry dressing. I have lingered on strawberries for long enough. It is time to move on to enjoying the new fruits and vegetables that are now available.

Ingredients:
4 ounces goats cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 cups strawberries (stemmed and halved)
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 handfuls romaine lettuce (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 handful peas (optional)
1 green onion (sliced)
1 handful pecans (toasted, chopped)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Freeze the goat cheese for 20 minutes.
2. Slice the goat cheese into discs.
3. Dredge the goat cheese in the bread crumbs.
4. Bake the goat cheese in a preheated 425F oven for 6 minutes.
5. Toss the strawberries in the honey and balsamic vinegar to coat.
6. Place the strawberries in a baking dish in a single layer.
7. Roast the strawberries in a preheated 425F oven until slightly caramelized, about 10-12 minutes.
8. Pour the juices from the pan into a bowl and mix with the olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
9. Assemble salad and toss to coat with the dressing.

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Strawberry and Asparagus Quinoa Salad
Strawberry and Feta Salad
Strawberry and Avocado Spinach Salad
Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Butter Toasted Almonds
Roasted Strawberry Saganaki Salad
Strawberry and Balsamic Grilled Chicken Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment