ADS

Cherry Clafoutis

Cherry Clafoutis

I first came across the concept of a clafoutis last year after I started food blogging. I had however, just missed cherry season so I decided to wait. Now that the local cherries are here I had my chance. A clafoutis is a custard like dessert where fruit, most commonly the cherry, is baked in a custard like batter that is similar to pancake batter. Several recipes that I saw recommended cooking the cherries whole, with the pits in but I really don't enjoy having to worry about biting into pits as I eat so I pitted my cherries first. I ended up going with this really simple recipe for a cherry clafoutis. I was a bit surprised as to how easy the clafoutis was to make. You simply mix the batter and bake it. The cherry clafoutis turned out pretty good! I enjoyed the soft and moist texture of the clafoutis and the cherries went really well in it. Clafoutis can be made with other fruits and now I am looking forward to experimenting with it. I have seen a few blueberry clafoutis that have been looking good...

Ingredients:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound cherries (pitted)

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
3. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract.
4. Place the cherries on the bottom of a greased 9 inch pie plate.
5. Pour the batter over the cherries.
6. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until the clafoutis is puffed and golden brown, about 40-45 minutes.

Cherry Clafoutis

Similar Recipes:
Blueberry Clafoutis
Cherry Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment