ADS

Green Beans with Sichuan Pork

Green Beans with Sichuan Pork

I have been enjoying a lot of fresh locally grown produce from the farmers market lately but I realized that I have not been doing much with green vegetables. Green beans are one of my favorite green vegetables and they had some nice looking ones at the farmers market which I picked up. I have come across several Chinese recipes that include both meat and vegetables but where the vegetables are the primary ingredient and the meat is more of a garnish. I liked the idea of the increased prominence of the vegetables in a meal and wanted to try it. I had been craving something spicy and I decided to go with some of my favorite flavours in a Sichuan style meal. The green beans with Sichuan ground pork came together quickly and easily. The dish was really tasty and had a nice level of heat. The fact that the dish was mostly green beans made it a nice light meal along with some rice. I liked this kind of meal and I will have to try to work more vegetables into my dishes.

Ingredients:
1/2 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (chopped)
1/2 pound ground pork
1 pound green beans
1/2 tablespoon fermented black beans (soaked in water for 10 minutes and chopped)
1 tablespoons chili bean paste
1 tablespoons chili sauce (or to taste)
1/2 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorns
1 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
3 green onions (chopped)

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in the pan.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add pork and brown.
4. Add the green beans, fermented black beans, chili bean paste, chili sauce, Sichuan peppercorns, soy sauce, and chicken stock and simmer until the green beans are just cooked, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and mix in the sesame oil and green onions.

Similar Recipes:
Mapo Tofu
Kung Pao Chicken
Mapo Eggplant

No comments:

Post a Comment