ADS

Maple Pecan Granola

Maple Pecan Granola

When I was a kid I enjoyed eating granola cereal with milk for breakfast. I really liked the crunchy texture and all of the goodies that were mixed in with the granola. I had not had granola in a long time and I wanted to try making some for myself. Last weekend I finally got around to doing it. Granola is basically rolled oats, nuts and honey that is baked until crispy. You can add other goodies to granola such as more grains, dried fruits, or even chocolate. I wanted to keep my first granola pretty simple and I was thinking that it had to contain both maple syrup and pecans. I quickly found this recipe for maple pecan granola which was just what I was looking for. The granola was super simple to make; You just mix the ingredients and bake stirring the granola a few times to ensure that it remains loose and that it does not stick together too much. The maple pecan granola turned out really well! It was nice and crunchy and it had just the right amount of sweetness. I found that I was grabbing just one more handful to snack on each time I passed it. Since the granola was so easy to make I am now looking forward to experimenting with different combinations of ingredients.

Ingredients:
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons oil
1 pinch salt

Directions:
1. Mix everything in a large bowl.
2. Spread the mixture onto a baking pan.
3. Bake in a preheated 300F oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Maple Pecan Shortbread

Other Maple Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment