ADS

Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread, Sliced Loaf

I really like quick breads! They are super simple to make and they always taste great. I like to make a loaf on the weekend and it easily lasts me for breakfasts for the whole week. I slice the loaf into individual serving, place them in plastic containers and store the in the fridge. Give them 40 seconds in the microwave in the morning and you have a really good breakfast that is almost as moist and warm as when it just came out of the oven with almost no effort. It is great for weekdays when you don't have that much time. I have been wanting to try a sweet zucchini quick bread ever since I made the savoury zucchini quick bread and this weekend I did. A zucchini bread is pretty similar to a banana bread in that is a really great base that you can add flavours to. I was thinking about making a dark chocolate zucchini but in the end I decided that I wanted to see those green and yellow flecks of zucchini in the bread. I added some soft raisins and chopped walnuts to the raisin bread for some extra flavours and textures. The zucchini bread with raisins and walnuts was so good that I ate it with nothing more than simple butter each morning.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups zucchini (grated, squeezed and drained)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 egg
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup raisins

Directions:
1. Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil, yogurt and egg in a bowl.
2. Mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the nuts and raisins.
5. Pour the batter into a greased 5X9 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 50-70 minutes.

Zucchini Bread, Buttered Slice

Similar Recipes:
Blueberry Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
Banana Bread
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Greek Yogurt Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment