ADS

Soto Ayam


Soto Ayam is a spicy chicken soup with vermicelli. They are delicious with mungbean thread noodles(glass noodles) and lontong (compressed rice roll) too. I consider soto ayam a feast by itself and they are commonly found in Indonesia and Malaysia.

The chicken broth are infused with white peppercorns, coriander seeds, ginger, galangal, candlenuts, garlic, shallots, cinnamon, cardamoms pods, star anise and lemon grass.

I also made a special "sambal kicap" to go with the soto ayam. They are mixture of some chopped garlic, plenty of birds eye chillies, Indonesian sweet soy sauce and lime juice. I always serve the soto ayam with a lot of condiments. They are fried tofu, boiled potatoes, beansprouts, hard boiled eggs, chinese celery leaves, scallions, shredded chicken, fried shallots and red chillies.

Well, I can't describe the aroma of the soup but I can tell you that its spicy and it tastes fantastic!






No comments:

Post a Comment