ADS

Vanilla Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce

Vanilla Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce

I still hadn't satisfied my cravings for apples and I knew that an apple crisp had to be next. Apple crisps are among my favorite desserts. They are really easy to make and they are just so good! I like that you can vary the spices to make then a bit different each time. Although the classic cinnamon and nutmeg combo is probably my favorite I also really enjoyed the almond or amaretti/amaretto version that I had made last year. More recently I came across a vanilla bean apple crisp that sounded nice. I mean, if vanilla ice cream goes so well with apple crisp, and it does, then adding vanilla to the crisp sounded like a great idea. I used some granny smith and some honey crisp apples because I had them on hand but you can use can use your favorite baking apples. I also had some caramel sauce and I thought that it would be really nice if I topped the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream off with some of it. The hot apple crisp with the melting vanilla ice cream all drenched in a warm caramel sauce was so amazing! What a great combination of flavours! I can't wait till tomorrow to have another piece.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment