ADS

Baked Scallops


I bought some nice looking scallops in their shells, and for the first time I forgot to ask the fishmonger to remove and clean them up properly for me! Hey, turns out it's even better to do it yourself! Well, the scallops might not look perfect but, they are really, really fresh and tasty after cooking.

Can you imagine? I can still see and feel the scallops moving while trying cleaning them? I did startle a little bit at first, but it was all okay when I got the hang of it after removing few more scallops from their shells. And the thinking of gobble them up too! LOL!

The shells are so pretty, so I have decided to bake the scallops in them. Another thing, I noticed the color of the roe are different too. I wonder why? I like the darker color ones, they are tastier.


Baked Scallops

Ingredients

8 Scallops in their shells, cleaned
2 Tbsp Japanese Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp grated Ginger
3 Tbsp Peanut Oil

Method

Preheat the oven at 180˚C (350˚F).

Arrange the scallops in their shells in a baking tray.

Divide the ginger, soy sauce and mirin equally onto the scallops. Drizzle with some peanut oil.

Close the scallops with the other half of the shells.

Bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment