ADS

Maple Butter Tarts

Maple Butter Tarts


Another one of my favorite holiday treats is butter tarts and I could not let the holiday season go by without having some. Butter tarts are a Canadian pastry consisting of butter, sugar and eggs in a pastry shell. The tarts would be perfectly fine just like that but I like to add raisins and chopped walnuts as that is they way that my grandmother always made them. This time I thought it would also be nice to make them with some maple syrup. The maple butter tarts were amazing! The pastry was nice and golden brown and light an flaky and melt in your mouth good. The filling was nicely set and sweet and gooey and oh so good! The maple syrup added a great new flavour to the tarts and I will definitely be using it again. Butter tarts are another treat that freezes well so you can make them ahead of the holidays to lighten the load during that busy time. Frozen butter tarts also make a great gift; I know I always enjoyed receiving a large container of frozen butter tarts from my grandmother to take back with me after the holidays.

Ingredients:
1 pie crust pastry (chilled)
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup raisins

Directions:
1. Roll the pastry out to 1/8 inch thick and cut out 12 4-5 inch circles.
2. Press the circles of dough into a muffin baking pan.
3. Chill the muffin pan in the fridge for 45-60 minutes.
4. Mix the egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, butter,vanilla extract, salt, walnuts and raisins in a bowl.
5. Pour the mixture into the tarts.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven and bake until set, about 15-25 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Maple Pecan Pie
Maple Snickerdoodles
Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

Other Maple Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment