ADS

Pecan Crusted Pork Chops with Pumpkin Butter

Pecan Crusted Pork Chops with Pumpkin Butter

A while ago I made some pumpkin butter and I have been enjoying it on pumpkin bread and pumpkin rolls but I was looking for something new and interesting. After searching the internet for a while I came across this recipe for pecan crusted pork chops with pumpkin butter that sounded good. I really like breaded and fried pork chops as they are quick and easy and taste great! The sound of crusting a pork chop with pecans sounded really good and pecans are something that I think of when thinking of pumpkin so it sounded like a good match. The pecan crusted pork chops were really easy to make, though you have to watch closely as the pecans can burn easily. After the first one, I cooked the remaining at a lower temperature than I would normally use to ensure that they did not burn. The pecan crusted pork chops were amazing! The crust was nice and light and crunchy and it tasted like toasted pecans! The pork was warm and juicy on the inside creating a nice contrast in texture. The spiced pumpkiny goodness of the pumpkin butter topping went really well with toasted pecan flavours of the pork chops. I will be making these again! I will also have to think about other ways that I can use nutty crusts on various meats.

I still have a lot of pumpkin butter left so if you know of any interesting ways to enjoy it, I would really like to hear about them.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
4 boneless pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
1 egg (lightly beaten
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup pumpkin butter

Directions:
1. Pulse the pecans and bread crumbs in a food processor.
2. Season the pork chops with the salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the pork chops in the flour.
4. Dip the pork chops in the egg.
5. Press the pork chops in the pecans.
6. Heat the oil in a pan on medium.
7. Add the pork chops and saute until just cooked all the way through and golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
8. Serve the pork chops with pumpkin butter.

Similar Recipes:
Tonkatsu (Japanese Pork Cutlet)
Katsu Kare (Pork Cutlet with Curry Sauce)
Penang Moo Yang (Curried Pork Chops)
Pork Chops in Balsamic Fig Sauce
Pork Chop with Apple, Sage and Pancetta
Caramel Apple Pork Chops

No comments:

Post a Comment