ADS

Shortbread

Shortbread


Shortbread is one of the cookies/treats that I most associate with the holidays. My mother has been making it every year for the holidays for as long as I can remember. I still find it a bit surprising that out of all of the treats out there with all of the flavours out there, that a simple unadorned shortbread cookie is one of my favorites. The way that it crumbles and then melts away in your mouth... the simple sweetness which is somehow so addictive... This year I wanted to try making some of my own shortbread. I did not realize how easy shortbread was to make but the basic recipe consists of just flour, butter and sugar. You pretty much just mix everything and either press the crumbs into the bottom of a baking dish or form a dough, roll it out and cut it into whatever shapes you want. A few minutes in the oven and you are all done. Shortbread freezes well so you can make them ahead of the holidays while you have more time and pull it out when needed. I don't think my first batch will make it to the freezer though.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar

Directions:
1. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl
3. Mix the flour into the butter.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out the shapes that you want.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until lightly brown, about 8-10 minutes.

Shortbread

Similar Recipes:
Almond Crescent Cookies
Maple Pecan Shortbread
Orange Shortbread Dipped in Chocolate
Lime Meltaways
Stilton and Rosemary Shortbread
Gorgonzola and Pistachio Shortbread
Bacon Maple Shortbread

No comments:

Post a Comment