ADS

Tilapia Piccata

Tilapia Piccata


Lemons have still been plentiful and cheap and every time I walk by them in the grocery store I remember the buttery lemon chicken piccata that I made a while ago and really enjoyed. I also remembered thinking that a fish version would also probably be really nice and possibly even lighter. This weekend I decided to try the fish version. I figured that any white fish would probably do the trick and the tilapia fillets looked good so I went with them. A reader had suggested that the next time I make the chicken picatta that I try adding peperoncini peppers and I liked the sound of a bit of heat in the lemon sauce. I have never seen a fresh peperoncini pepper so I ended up using some pickled ones that I was able to find. The tilapia piccata turned out great! I think I enjoyed the tilapia version even more that the chicken version as the light flaky fish soaked up more of the tasty buttery lemon sauce with every bite. I also enjoyed the heat and flavour that the peperoncini peppers added to the dish. It is always nice to find ways to change up old favorites and possibly even make them better.

Tilapia Piccata

(makes 2 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 tilapia fillets (or other white fish fillets)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 splash dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 lemon (juice)
1/2 lemon (sliced)
2 tablespoons capers
2 small peperoncini peppers (sliced, optional)
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)

Directions:
1. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a pan.
3. Add the fish and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side and set aside.
4. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
5. Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, lemon slices, capers and peperoncinis and simmer to reduce the liquids by half.
6. Stir in the butter and pour over the fish and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.

Similar Recipes:
Chicken Piccata
Trout Amandine
Halibut Piccata with Baby Artichokes on Quinoa
Halibut with Lemon, Butter, Caper and Dill Sauce
Pan Seared Tilapia in Avgolemono Sauce
Honey Lemon Chicken
Tom Yum Baked Tilapia
Tilapia Baked in Thai Green Curry
Cod Wrapped in Crispy Potatoes with a Dill and Caper Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment