ADS

Strawberry Tart

Strawberry Tart


When I made the asparagus and gruyere tart a while ago I was amazed at how easy it was to work with frozen puff pastry and how great the results were with so little effort. When I made the tart I was eagerly awaiting the start of the strawberry season and I was thinking that a similar sweet version of the tart with strawberries would also be great! While I was waiting for the strawberries I came across a recipe for a strawberry tart on The Hungry Mouse that was just what I was thinking. Now that the strawberries are finally here, the strawberry tart was at the top of the list of things to make. I still had some of the strawberry and rhubarb jam that I had made last year and I thought that the hint of rhubarb would be great on the tart so I went with that for the jam. The strawberry tart was just as easy to make as the asparagus tart and the results were even better. How can you go wrong with a buttery, light and flaky crust topped with slightly roasted strawberries covered in strawberry and rhubarb jam? The only thing missing here is a scoop of melting vanilla ice cream. One thing to watch out for in this recipe is to taste test the strawberry and jam mixture for sweetness ahead of time. If it is a little on the tart side add some sugar to sweeten it up. I am thinking that the next time I make this I might add a layer of cream cheese between the pastry and the strawberries.

Strawberry Tart

(makes 4+ servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 package puff pastry (thawed as directed on the package)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tablespoon water
2 cups strawberries (cleaned, trimmed and sliced)
1/4 teaspoon cardamom (ground, or cinnamon if you prefer)
3 tablespoons strawberry rhubarb jam (or other jam)
1 handful pistachios (chopped)

Directions:
1. Roll the puff pastry out into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
2. Score a line around the puff pastry 1/2 inch from the edge.
3. Mix the egg and water and brush over the outside of the score.
4. Mix the strawberries, cardamom and jam in a large bowl.
5. Place the strawberries on the pastry on the inside of the score.
6. Bake in a preheated 400F oven until the pastry is golden brown, about 15-25 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.


Similar Recipes:
Asparagus and Gruyere Tart
Tomato Tart
Strawberry Danish Braid
Strawberry Goat Cheese Banitsa
Zucchini and Feta Ricotta Tart
Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Tart
Bruschetta Chicken Pesto Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment