ADS

Garlic Scape Pesto Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus and Mushrooms

Garlic Scape Pesto Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus and Mushrooms


I had a bunch of the garlic scape pesto left over after I made the pasta and I was wondering what to do with it. While the asparagus has been in season I have been enjoying it for breakfasts combining it with eggs and very often mushrooms in various forms. While I was grabbing the eggs, asparagus and mushrooms for a scrambled egg breakfast I noticed the garlic scape pesto in the fridge and I thought, why not add some of it to the scrambled eggs? I decided to just make the scrambled eggs with asparagus and mushrooms the same as usual except that I would beat the garlic scape pesto into the eggs before adding them to the pan to cook. When I added the eggs with the garlic scape pesto to the pan an amazing garlicky aroma quickly filled the kitchen and I knew that it had been a good idea. The scrambled eggs with garlic scape pesto were really tasty and they went well with the mushrooms. The juicy asparagus cleansed the palate in between bites readying you for more garlicky goodness. I was quite pleased with how adding a pesto to the scrambled eggs worked and I am looking forward to experimenting with adding other pestos to scrambled eggs. I think that pestos would also work well in frittatas and breakfast egg casseroles.

Garlic Scape Pesto Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus and Mushrooms

(makes 1 serving)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon garlic scape pesto
2 eggs
1 tablespoon oil
4 cremini mushrooms (sliced)
4 asparagus spears (cleaned, trimmed and cut into 1 inch slices)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Lightly beat the garlic scape pesto into the eggs.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and saute until tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Add the eggs and stir until they are cooked, about 1-3 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.

Similar Recipes:
Scrambled Eggs with Ramps, Asparagus and Morel Mushrooms
Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche
Scrambled Eggs with Sundried Tomato and Parmigiano Reggiano

No comments:

Post a Comment