ADS

Taco Pasta

Taco Pasta


I ran out of tortillas for tacos before I ran out of the taco seasoned ground beef that I made earlier this week. I had recently made both taco rice and a taco salad so I was looking for something new and the first thing that came to mind was a taco pasta. I have really been liking how versatile the taco seasoned meat and taco condiments are and how they allow one to reinvent the same meal as something new each night. For the taco pasta I decided to keep it simple by just mixing the pasta with the taco seasoned ground beef along with some black beans and a bit of sour cream. I then topped the pasta off with some of my favorite taco condiments including some lettuce, tomato, salsa and cheese. The taco pasta turned out really well! The sour cream added a nice creaminess to the spicy taco pasta and the black beans brought another nice layer texture to the party. The fresh ingredients on top added a nice cool and refreshing reprieve from spiciness of the pasta. I will definitely be keeping this recipe on hand for cleaning up leftover taco seasoned ground beef. Strike that, I think that next time I will make this from scratch rather than waiting for leftovers.

Taco Pasta

(makes 1 serving)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup pasta (cooked, I used whole wheat macaroni)
1/4 cup taco seasoned ground beef (warmed)
1/4 cup black beans
1 tablespoon sour cream
1/4 cup lettuce (chopped)
1/4 cup salsa
1/2 tomato (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 green onion (sliced)
1 handful cheese (grated)
1 tablespoon sliced black olives
1 tablespoon sour cream

Directions:
1. After draining the pasta mix in the taco seasoned ground beef, black beans and sour cream.
2. Place the taco pasta on a plate and top with your favorite taco toppings.

Similar Recipes:
Tacos
Taco Rice
Taco Salad
Taco Pizza
Taco Stuffed Shells
Taco Grilled Cheese Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment