ADS

BLAST (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato) Sandwich

BLAST (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato) Sandwich

One of my favorite ways to enjoy the perfectly ripe field tomatoes at this time of year is in sandwiches as they are nice and simple to make and they always hit the spot. At first there was the simple BT or Bacon and Tomato sandwich which was good while it lasted but then I quickly discovered the BLT (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato) sandwich which was even better. After a while I started getting into avocados and the BLAT (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato sandwich was born. I really liked this combo and so I played around with it a bit starting with sliced avocado and then moving on to mashed avocado, which did not keep popping out of the sandwich while eating it like the slices did. Then I tried mixing mayonnaise into the mashed avocado and then onto a full blown guacamole in the BLT. I thought I had gone as far as I could with the bacon and tomato sandwiches when I came across the BLAST or Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato sandwich on Soup Belly which just had to be tried! How could you possibly go wrong adding something as good as shrimp to an already great sandwich? Though the original recipe called for some spicy marinated shrimp I decided to keep it simple and I sauteed the prawns in the leftover bacon grease for some more bacony goodness. I went with the avocado mayo for the avocado component as it is my favorite way to add avocado to a sandwich. The bacon, lettuce, avocado, shrimp and tomato sandwich is definitely a winner! The succulent shrimp went really well with the salty bacon, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado mayo and the lettuce rounded the sandwich off nicely. Of course I used a whole wheat bread to try to add a bit of healthiness to the sandwich. I will definitely be making a few more of these while the tomatoes are so good!

BLAST (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato) Sandwich

(makes 1 sandwich)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
4 slices bacon
4 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
salt and pepper to taste
2 slices bread
1/2 avocado (stoned, scooped and mashed)
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 leaves lettuce
2 slices tomato

Directions:
1. Cook the bacon in a pan and set aside.
2. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the shrimp to the pan and saute in the bacon grease until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Mix the avocado and mayo.
5. Assemble sandwich.

More BLT Goodness:

BLT (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato) SandwichSlow Roasted Tomato BLTAvocado BLT with Fried Egg and Chipotle Mayo
Guacamole BLTBELT (Bacon Egg Lettuce Tomato) SandwichBacon Jam BLT
Fried Green Tomato BLT with RemouladeFried Green Tomato BLT with Shrimp RemouladeFried Green Tomato BLT with Pimento Cheese
Pesto Guacamole BLTBLT Grilled Cheese (BLTGC)Pickled Green Tomato BLT
BLAST (Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado, Shrimp and Tomato) Sandwich

Similar Recipes:
Spicy Peanut Shrimp Sandwich with Thai Style Slaw

No comments:

Post a Comment