ADS

Diced Caprese Salad with a Pesto Dressing

Diced Caprese Salad with a Pesto Dressing


The farmers market is just full of fresh ripe field tomatoes that just seem to call my name. One of my favorite way to enjoy these late summer juicy treats is in a simple caprese salad that focuses nicely on the perfect tomatoes. I have played around with with the caprese salad flavours before including a caprese sandwich with basil pesto which was really good. When I came across the idea of simply using a basil pesto as the dressing on a caprese salad on Smitten Kitchen I already knew the combo was a killer one. This salad is as easy to make as to dice some tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and toss them in a basil pesto. I made my own basil pesto and I used a bit more lemon juice than usual to make it more like a dressing for the salad. The diced caprese salad with basil pesto dressing was amazing! It was nice and cool and light and refreshing. The basil pesto worked really well as the basil component of the caprese salad and it also worked well as a dressing. I will have to remember to use a basil pesto dressing more often. This salad really is a great way to enjoy the perfectly ripe field tomatoes!

Diced Caprese Salad with a Pesto Dressing

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 pound tomatoes (diced)
1 pound fresh mozzarella (diced)
1/4 cup basil pesto (I made it with a bit of extra lemon juice for some tanginess.)

Directions:
1. Toss the tomatoes mozzarella in the basil pesto to coat.

Similar Recipes:
Caprese Salad
Caprese Sandwich
Mango Caprese Salad
BLT (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato) Sandwich
Creamy Dilled Cucumber Salad
BLT Salad with Avocados and a Blue Cheese Dressing
Parmesan Crusted Pesto Tilapia Bruschetta

No comments:

Post a Comment