ADS

Peach and Maple Sour Cream Pecan Pie

Peach and Maple Sour Cream Pecan Pie


With the final days of summer quickly dwindling away I find myself trying to get in as much enjoyment of the fresh fruits and vegetables as I can. The peaches at the farmers market are still looking amazing and I thought that it was the perfect time to try making the sour cream peach pecan pie that I came across on very culinary. I had recently tried making and enjoyed a sour cream pie so I knew that the sour cream filling part of the pie would be great. You can't go wrong topping treats like this off with crumbs and I really liked the idea of all of the pecans in the crumbs. With the pecans in the crumb topping it got me thinking about the maple pecan pie that I made a while ago and I could not resist mixing some maple into the pie in the form of maple sugar in both the sour cream filling and the crumb topping. The maple sour cream peach pecan pie turned out great! The peach, sour cream and maple flavour combo was amazingly good! The pecan filled crumb topping also went really well with the peach filling and the light and flaky pasty finished off the pie perfectly. What a great way to enjoy the fresh local peaches!

Peach and Maple Sour Cream Pecan Pie

(makes 6+ servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups peaches (sliced and peeled)
3 tablespoons peach preserves (I used apricot)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup maple sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pie crust
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter (melted)

Directions:
1. Mix the peaches and preserves and place them into the pie crust.
2. Mix the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla and pour over the peaches.
3. Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 30 minutes.
4. Mix the flours, sugars, pecans, cinnamon and butter until it forms crumbs.
5. Sprinkle the crumbs over the pie.
6. Bake in a preheated 425F oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Rhubarb Sour Cream Pie
Peach Bread
Blueberry Buckle
Maple Pecan Pie
BBQ Chicken and Peach Quesadillas

No comments:

Post a Comment