ADS

Roasted Tomato and Gorgonzola Sauce

Roasted Tomato and Blue Cheese Sauce


Late summer and early fall is such a great time of the year! The farmers markets are just jam packed with tons of good things and some of the ones that I like the most are the perfectly ripe field tomatoes and the red peppers. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the tomatoes is to roast them and use them in various things like pasta sauces. My favorite way to enjoy red peppers is also to roast them as it bring out their amazing flavour and I tend to go through a lot of them. In fact I commonly get a bunch of both the tomatoes and the red peppers that I roast and then freeze them for the use throughout the winter.

Not to completely jump topics here but bear with me; I also really enjoy creamy gorgonzola sauces. You can see where this is going now right? I recently came across the brilliant idea of combing them all into one amazing sounding roasted tomato and red pepper sauce with blue cheese on Kayotic Kitchen and I just had to try it. Well the original recipe called for magor which is a combination of mascarpone cheese and gorgonzola but I was unable to find the magor so I just used equal parts of both the mascarpone and the gorgonzola. The first thing that always comes to mind when trying out new sauces it to use them in a simple pasta where they are the star of the show. It seems that I always have some extra zucchini on hand these days so I decided to add some to the pasta to fill it out a bit. The roasted tomato and red pepper gorgonzola sauce so good!! It was just packed full of the flavours of the roasted tomatoes and red peppers and the cheeses made the sauce so nice and creamy. The gorgonzola really worked well in the sauce adding a really nice undertone of the tangy cheese without overpowering the rest of the flavours. What a great way to enjoy the bounty of these dwindling days of summer!

Roasted Tomato and Gorgonzola Sauce

(makes 4+ servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 roasted red pepper
8 plum tomatoes (halved)
4 cloves garlic
1 small onion (quartered)
1 tablespoon olive oil
oregano to taste
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces of gorgonzola dolce (or other blue cheese)
4 ounces of mascarpone

Directions:
1. Toss the tomatoes, garlic and onion in the oil, oregano, salt and pepper to coat.
2. Spread the veggies out in a single layer in a baking dish.
3. Bake in a preheated 400F over until nice and roasted, about 45-60 minutes.
4. Squeeze the garlic from there skins and puree everything.
5. Mix in the cheese and heat on the stove until the cheese has melted into the sauce.

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Tomato Pasta
Roasted Tomato Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto on Penne
Pumpkin Gnocchi in Gorgonzola Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment