ADS

Zucchini and Feta Ricotta Tart

Zucchini and Feta Ricotta Tart


A while ago I made an asparagus and gruyere tart that I really enjoyed. It was pretty much as easy to make as rolling out the puff pastry, throwing the toppings on and baking it. The tart was so good that it is still on my mind and I have been wanting to try new variations of it. I had been thinking about doing a zucchini version and since I had some extra zucchini on hand it was the perfect time it try it. I have also been enjoying the zucchini, feta, lemon and herb combo lately I wanted to try to work them into the tart somehow but I would need something to bind everything and hold it together. When I was looking for recipes for Greek phyllo pies I noticed that some of them used ricotta cheese and I thought that the ricotta along with an egg would help hold all of the toppings together. This zucchini tart was also pretty easy to pull together and it turned out great! The zucchini, feta, herb and lemon combo was amazing and it worked really well on the light, flaky and buttery puff pastry. All of the flavours from the kolokithopita (Greek zucchini pie) are in this tart but the puff pastry is much easier to work with than the phyllo dough so this is a great quicker and easier alternative.

Zucchini and Feta Ricotta Tart

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup ricotta
1/4 cup feta (crumbled)
1 lemon (juice and zest)
1/4 cup herbs (such as dill, mint, parsley, chopped)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
salt and pepper to taste
1 sheet puff pastry (thawed according to the packages directions)
1 large zucchini (thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
1. Mix the ricotta, feta, lemon, herbs, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Roll the puff pastry out to a 16x10 inch rectangle.
3. Score a line around the puff pastry 1 inch from the edge.
4. Spread the ricotta mixture over the center of the dough.
5. Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on top of the ricotta mixture.
6. Brush the outside inch of the pastry with the oil.
7. Bake in a preheated 400F oven until the zucchini is tender and the pastry is golden brown, about 15-25 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Zucchini and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Parmesan Tart
Kolokithopita (Greek Zucchini Pie)
Asparagus and Gruyere Tart
Tomato Tart
Strawberry Tart

No comments:

Post a Comment