ADS

Zucchini and Kimchi Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust

Zucchini and Kimchi Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust


After successfully combining cheese and kimchi in the kimchi quesadillas I was looking to try the combo again. As is usual these days, I had a ton of zucchini in my fridge and I needed something for quick breakfasts for the week. While I was thinking about zucchini and breakfasts I remembered the herbed zucchini and feta quiche with a brown rice crust that I had made recently and really enjoyed. The next thing that I knew I had settled on a kimchi and zucchini quiche and I decided to go with a healthy serving of gruyere as the cheese in the quiche. I have really been liking the brown rice crust with quiches so I decided to use it again in this this one though I used short grained rice rather than long this time. The zucchini and kimchi quiche with a brown rice crust was easy to make and it turned out surprisingly well! Once again the kimchi went really well with the cheese and it added a ton of flavour to the quiche along with a nice kick of heat that will really wake me up in the mornings when I eat it for breakfast this week. With these successful fusion kimchi dishes down I am looking forward to experimenting with kimchi more.

Zucchini and Kimchi Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust

(makes 6+ servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup gruyere (grated)
1 egg
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup gruyere (grated)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
1 cup zucchini (grated, squeezed and drained)
2 green onions (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Mix the rice, cheese and egg in a bowl.
2. Press the rice mixture into a pie plate, about 1/4 inch thick.
3. Bake in a preheated 450F oven until the edges and bottom just start turning golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Mix the eggs, milk, gruyere, garlic, kimchi, zucchini, green onions, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust.
6. Bake in a preheated 375F oven until golden brown and set in the center, about 30-35 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Kimchi Quesadillas
Herbed Zucchini and Feta Quiche with a Brown Rice Crust
Asparagus, Morel and Ramp Quiche with Brown Rice Crust
Kimchi Jun (Kimchi Pancake)
Zucchini and Green Chile Egg Breakfast Casserole
Kimchi, Bacon and Shiitake Mushroom Omelette

No comments:

Post a Comment