ADS

Thanksgiving Ideas

Roasted Turkey Breast Dinner

Thanksgiving is one of my favorites times of the year! Of course it is the Thanksgiving dinner that hold a special place in my heart. Roast turkey has to be one of my favorite meals but I only seem to have it during the holidays so I am always looking forward to it. Though the turkey is the star of the show, I find that I spend more time thinking up what to do for sides and without great sides the turkey gets kind of lonely. A great Thanksgiving dinner is of course topped off with a great dessert and for a holiday meal it is acceptable t go all out!

With the US Thanksgiving coming up this week I thought that I would round up a few of my favorites Thanksgiving meal ideas.



Parmesan and Sage Roasted Turkey Breast

Parmesan and Sage Roasted Turkey Breast - Most recently my favorite roast turkey recipe was this one which turned out nice and moist and full of flavour and the gravy was also amazingly good. In the past I have also enjoyed a thyme and rosemary roast turkey breast and last year I went with a texmex theme and I enjoyed a maple and chipotle roast turkey.



Pinot Noir Cranberry Sauce

Pinot Noir Cranberry Sauce - In my opinion, a Thanksgiving turkey dinner would just not be complete with out some cranberry sauce and this pinot noir cranberry sauce is a great place to start. A simple maple cranberry sauce is also a great idea as the maple adds a really nice hint of flavour to the sauce.



Cranberry Chutney

Cranberry Chutney - This year I went with something a little different when I made this cranberry chutney which has an amazing balance of tart, sweet, tangy and spicy. I will be making this cranberry chutney many more times!



Green Bean Casserole

Green Bean Casserole - When it comes to sides you really can't go wrong with the classics and this made from scratch green bean casserole is definitely a classic. If you want to change things up a bit try a blue cheese green bean casserole or even a broccoli casserole.



Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole - Another great classic is this sweet potato casserole which is practically a dessert disguised as a side! I find that sweet potatoes and squash/pumpkin is pretty much interchangeable and this pumpkin casserole is another great take on a sweet potato casserole!



White Cheddar and Garlic Mashed Potatoes

White Cheddar and Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Speaking of potatoes, mashed potatoes commonly make an appearance on my holiday dinner menus and it is hard to beat these white cheddar and roasted garlic mashed potatoes!



Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Creamy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes - These are another of my favorite ways to do mashed potatoes! You just can't go wrong with lots of sweet creamy roasted garlic!



Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries and Pecans

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries and Pecans - I am always trying to work more green vegetables into my meal plans and during fall and winter brussels sprouts are a nice way to do so. These brussels sprouts fit right in with the holidays with their dried cranberries and pecans. Feel free to add some bacon as well! I also recently enjoyed some brussels sprouts and bacon covered in melted gorgonzola



Onion Gratin

Onion Gratin - Another side that I have been enjoying lately and that would make a excellent showing at any holiday meal are these slow roasted onions covered in cheese. If you like this idea but want something a little lighter then how about some herb roasted onions?



Roasted Apple Sauce

Roasted Apple Sauce - Apple sauce is a perfectly seasonal side or condiment for a holiday dinner but this time how about trying roasting the apples to pack in even more flavour!



Roasted Butternut Squash with Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage

Roasted Butternut Squash with Caramelized Onions, Gorgonzola and Crispy Fried Sage - This is my new all time favorite side!!! The title says it all! It was derived from an earlier version, the roasted squash with gorgonzola and maple syrup.



Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie - This is one of my favorite fall treats and this time I made it with a gingersnap crust and topped it with drizzled caramel sauce.



Sweet Potato Pecan Pie

Sweet Potato Pecan Pie - How can you go wrong by combining two great pies? This combo turns out even better than the sum of its parts!



Maple Pecan Pie

Maple Pecan Pie - Speaking of pecan pie, a pecan pie is a perfect dessert for that special holiday meal!



Medjool Date Pecan Pie

Medjool Date Pecan Pie - Medjool dates are currently in season and they go so well in a pecan pie!



Maple Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake

Maple Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake - You really can't go wrong with a classic like cheesecake! Why not spice it up a bit, and add some seasonal pumpkin for a pumpkin pie cheesecake?



Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream

Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream - I hope you haven't put your ice cream makers away yet because this is another great way to enjoy some of that pumpkin.



Maple Pecan Ice Cream

Maple Pecan Ice Cream - If you are a maple fanatic like me then this will quickly become one of your favorite ice creams! Serve it with any of the pies above for even more decadence. :)



Have a great Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment