ADS

Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate

Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate


Cranberries and pistachios are a great combo that and it is the perfect combo for the holidays with the red and green colours. White chocolate is the third component of this amazing flavour combination and I often enjoy making it in chocolate chip cookie form. While I was making the chocolate and pistachio biscotti I was thinking about a cranberry and pistachio version. I figured that I already had some biscotti on my holiday cookie platter and that I did not need a second one but days later I was still thinking about it so I had to whip up a batch. Normally I would just add the white chocolate chips or chunks to the biscotti but this time I thought that I would change things up a bit and dip the biscotti into some melted white chocolate. I could barely wait for the white chocolate to cool before photographing and digging into the biscotti. The cranberries and pistachios work really well in biscotti form and I am certainly glad that I made them. I also really liked the white chocolate dip and I look forward to experimenting more with chocolate dipped biscotti. My holiday cookie tray is looking more complete every day now!

Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate

(makes 12 biscotti)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
6 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pistachios
4 ounces white chocolate

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Slowly mix the sugar into the eggs and oil in another bowl.
3. Slowly mix the dry and wet ingredients until they come together.
4. Mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
5. Form the dough into a rough oval about 8 inches by 3 inches on parchment paper. Note: The dough will be very sticky but you will be able to shape it.
6. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes.
7. Cut it into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes per side at 325F.
9. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
10. Dip the biscotti into the white chocolate and set aside to cool.

Similar Recipes:
Chocolate and Pistachio Biscotti
Cranberry, Orange and Pistachio Biscotti
Cranberry, Pistachio and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment