ADS

Roasted Eggplant, Red Pepper and Green Bean Pomegranate Salad

Roasted Eggplant, Red Pepper and Green Bean Pomegranate Salad


While I was researching the roasted butternut squash and pomegranate salad I came across the idea of a Mediterranean feta salad with pomegranate dressing. Not only did it include pomegranates, that I am currently really into, but it also starred two of my favorite ingredients, roasted eggplant and roasted red peppers. I like both the roasted eggplant and roasted red peppers so much that I could easily eat them plain but this salad sounded too good to do that!

I took the basic idea from the recipe made some modifications. I started by replacing the spices that seasoned the eggplant with the ones that I used in the roasted butternut squash and pomegranate salad as I had really liked them. I then replaced the pomegranate dressing with the pomegranate vinaigrette that I had been using recently. I also added some chopped toasted walnuts and I replaced the parsley with some mint which I though would go better in the salad.

Eggplant can sometimes be bitter and the trick to a good eggplant dish is to properly salt the eggplant before using it. You want to generously sprinkle the eggplant with salt and let it sit for a good 20-30 minutes and then rinse the salt and and pat it dry. If you do this you won't have to suffer through bitter eggplant again. The roasted eggplant, red pepper and green bean pomegranate salad turned out amazingly well! The eggplant was roasted perfectly, such that it practically melted in your mouth and the spices coating it were really nice. This salad was an amazing combination of spices, flavours, texture and even colours! I have been making a lot of pomegranate salads lately and this one is easily my favorite!

Roasted Eggplant, Red Pepper and Green Bean Pomegranate Salad

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 large eggplants (cut into bite sized pieces)
salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste
2 roasted red peppers (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 pound green beans (blanched)
1/4 cup red onions (diced)
1/4 cup walnuts (toasted)
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup feta
1 handful mint (chopped)
1/4 cup pomegranate vinaigrette

Directions:
1. Salt the eggplant and let it sit for 20 minute, rinse and pat it dry.
2. Toss the eggplant in the olive oil and season with the cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
3. Roast the eggplant in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 30-40 minutes and set aside.
4. Assemble the salad and toss to coat in the dressing.

Similar Recipes:
Roasted Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Salad
Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Farro Salad
Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Roasted Eggplant Pasta
Pomegranate and Roasted Tomato Bulgur Salad
Roasted Mushroom and Green Bean Farro Salad
Apple and Pomegranate Quinoa and Kale Salad with Feta in a Curried Maple Dijon Dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment