ADS

Kimchi Dip

Kimchi Dip


I have been on quite the kimchi craze lately! I am always looking for new ideas for ways to enjoy kimchi and recently a reader suggested something that I could not pass up on, a kimchi dip. I had not even contemplated using kimchi in a dip but it sounded like a great idea! A quick search of the web for kimchi dip recipes did not turn up anything that inspired me so I had to come up with my own. Since I discovered that kimchi and cheese is a great combination I have been trying to combine them any chance that I get and a cheese based kimchi dip sounded perfect. My favorite cheese based dip is the hot spinach and artichoke dip and I figured that I could not go wrong starting with that recipe and replacing the spinach and artichokes with kimchi. I also went with a panko bread crumb topping to add a bit of a crunchy texture. If this dip is not is not packed with enough artery clogging goodness for you, please feel free to add some cooked crumbled bacon as it also goes really well with kimchi. I am constantly amazed at how well kimchi goes with so many things and this dip is not exception! This hot cheesy kimchi dip was amazing! You really can't go wrong with warm melted gooey cheese and the kimchi flavour worked perfectly in dip form. I also really enjoyed the texture that the kimchi added to the dip and it was always nice biting into the juicy and crispy pieces of kimchi in the dip. I served the hot cheesy kimchi dip with sliced whole wheat baguette. What a great game day snack!

Kimchi Dip Crostini


Kimchi Dip

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup kimchi (chopped)
2 green onions (sliced)
1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (grated)
1/4 cup mozzarella (grated)
1/4 cup panko crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano (grated)

Directions:
1. Mix the kimchi, green onions, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, parmigiano reggiano and mozzarella and pour it into a baking dish.
2. Mix the panko bread crumbs and parmigiano reggiano and sprinkle it on top of the dip.
3. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes.

Slow Cooker: Mix everything except the panko, place it in the slow cooker and cook until the cheese is nice and melted about 1-2 hours on high or 2-4 hours on low.

Similar Recipes:
Buffalo Wing Dip
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Korean Style Salsa Roja
Kimchi Quesadillas
Kimchi Egg Salad Sandwich
Kimchi Sweet Potato Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment