ADS

Migas

Migas


I had a bunch of corn tortillas left over from taco night and I knew just what I wanted to do with them. I remembered bookmarking several Texmex style breakfasts that called for day old corn tortillas over the last while and when I searched for them migas was the first to come up with this recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Migas translates to crumbs and is a dish that consists of scrambled eggs, corn tortillas, onions, peppers, tomatoes and some cheese. What I like most about this recipe is all of the fresh ingredients and overall it is pretty healthy, other than the fried tortillas, which you could easily bake. Migas is pretty easy to make even if it does take a bit longer than your average breakfast which makes it perfect for weekends. The migas turned out really well! I liked the way the sauteed vegetables worked in the scrambled eggs and I was a bit surprised that the tortillas were still nice and crispy by the time I finished. This is a great way to use up those leftover tortillas! Since I am making breakfast for one, I kept the extra sauteed vegetables in one container and the fried tortillas in another. This way, during the week I can quickly heat the vegetables, add the eggs and tortillas and have some quick and tasty breakfasts.

Migas

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
4 corn tortillas (cut into bite sized pieces)
oil for frying
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
1 red pepper (diced)
1 green pepper (diced)
2 jalapeno peppers (diced)
4 large tomatoes (diced)
12 large eggs (lightly beaten)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cilantro (chopped)
1 cup queso fresco (crumbled)

Directions:
1. Fry the tortillas in the oil until golden brown and crisp.
2. Heat the oil in a pan.
3. Add the onions and peppers and saute until tender, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and the tortillas.
5. Add the eggs to the pan and cook scrambled eggs style until they reach the desired level of doneness.
6. Remove from heat and mix in the cilantro, plate and garnish with the cheese.

Similar Recipes:
Huevos Rancheros
Huevos Motulenos
Salsa Verde Huevos Rancheros
Ham and Egg Burrito
Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Burrito
Chorizo Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Tacos

No comments:

Post a Comment