ADS

Chicken, Roasted Butternut Squash and Feta Lasagna

Chicken, Roasted Butternut Squash and Feta Lasagna
Lasagna has to be one of my all time favorite meals. Although the classic lasagna will always hold a special place for me, I am always interested in trying new and different ways of making lasagna. I recently came across this recipe for a chicken, roasted butternut squash and feta lasagna on Cook Sister! that sounded amazingly good. I had tried a roasted butternut squash lasagna before so I knew that the roasted butternut squash worked well in a lasagna I really liked the sound of combining it with the feta in this one. Not only does this recipe have the feta and the mozzarella but it also has melted cheddar in the bechamel sauce for three kinds of cheesy goodness! How could you go wrong with all that baked in melty cheese? Like most lasagne this one takes a bit of effort but it is well worth it! For this lasagna you need to roast the butternut squash, make a tomato sauce, make the bechamel sauce, assemble and finally bake it and although there is a lot to do, everything is actually pretty easy. The roasted butternut squash works so well in this lasagna and the salty feta is the perfect accompaniment! Of course all of the melted cheese really brought this lasagna home. All of the flavours combined and made something much greater than the sum of its parts! Luckily there are lots of leftovers and I will get to enjoy them for lunches for the rest of the week.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment