ADS

Reuben Quesadillas

Reuben Quesadillas

The first thing that I think about when I have leftover corned beef is reuben sandwiches which are among my favorite sandwiches, but I was looking to change things up a bit. There was this half finished package of tortillas just sitting there begging to be used and I knew what I had to do, reuben quesadillas. I figured that a simple, straight translation of the sandwich recipe to a quesadilla recipe would be the best (It's too bad there aren't any rye tortillas around.), though I did saute the sauerkraut a little because I did not want a soggy quesadilla. I also warmed the corned beef up just a bit as I envisioned a nice and thick quesadilla and I did not want the center to be cold. The quesadillas version of the rueben turned out really well! The lightly toasted tortillas worked just as well as bread at holding this amazing flavour combination together. I made sure to keep all of the cheese near the tortillas to ensure that it all melted up nicely and it came out really ooey, gooey and stringy and good!

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment