ADS

Salsa Verde Lasagna

Salsa Verde Lasagna

Lately I have been making some progress in clearing some room in my freezer and I recently came across some tomatillos that I had frozen last summer. Of course the first thing that I thought about after finding the tomatillos was salsa verde which is my favorite way of using them. Right behind the tomatillos was some frozen cooked and shredded chicken and I had an idea; How about a chicken salsa verde lasagna? I kept the recipe nice and simple mixing a freshly made batch of salsa verde in with the chicken and layering it with cheese and noodles. For the cheese layer, I went with a simple ricotta with some texmex cheeses, cheddar and jack mixed in. This salsa verde lasagna was probably the easiest lasagna that I have made to date and it turned out great! The salsa verde packed this lasagna with flavour and just the right amount of spicy heat and the creamy cheese rounded everything out nicely. I served the lasagna with sides of black beans and avocado.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment