ADS

Peameal Bacon and Kimchi Breakfast Muffin

Peameal Bacon and Kimchi Breakfast Muffin

For some reason peameal bacon has been on my mind a lot recently and it had been a while since I last picked some up. (Peameal bacon is a back bacon that is brined and rolled in peameal or cornmeal.) I also had my newly minted batch of new and improved kimchi that I was just itching to use. Salty bacon and spicy kimchi are a great flavour combination and I knew that peameal bacon would be just as amazing. The rest of the sandwich sort of just fell into place. I wanted to include some greens and with the Korean flavours that were already going in the sandwich the shredded romaine in a Korean sesame vinaigrette was a natural choice and I could not resist adding some cheese. When I am making my standard peameal bacon sandwich I always like to include some mayo and in this case a gochujang mayo sounded perfect. I am not sure why but, I was associating this sandwich with breakfast so a lightly toasted English muffin was in order and since kimchi can be a bit juicy I caramelized it so that the muffin would not get soggy. With all of the spicy flavours in the sandwich I figured that some cool and creamy avocado and black beans would finish off the breakfast nicely.

Peameal Bacon and Kimchi Breakfast Muffin

(makes 4 servings)
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
8 slices peameal bacon
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 cup kimchi (drained and chopped)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon gochujang
4 English muffins (lightly toasted)
1 cup shredded romaine in a korean sesame vinaigrette
1 cup shredded jack and cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Cook the peameal bacon in a pan and set aside.
2. Add the oil to the pan and saute the kimchi in it until slightly caramelized, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Mix the mayo and gochujang
4. Assemble sandwiches and enjoy.

Similar Recipes:
Peameal Bacon Sandwich
Breakfast Reuben Sandwich
Pineapple Dak Bulgogi Sandwich (Korean Spicy Pineapple BBQ Chicken Sandwich)
Korean BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich
Peameal Bacon and Roasted Tomato Sandwich with Cheddar Cheese
Brussels Sprout Hash with Sweet Potato and Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment