ADS

Thai Green Curry Paste

Thai Green Curry Paste

I am a huge fan of curries in all forms and in particular, I am quite fond of Thai curries. It had been a long time since I last had a Thai curry and I had been craving some for the last few days. Unfortunately I was fresh out of curry paste which meant that it was time to make some more. (I have been making my own Thai curry pastes ever since I discovered just how easy it is to make at home and just how much better a homemade curry paste it!) There are many different kinds of Thai curry pastes and given that it is Spring I figured that green curry paste would be fitting. This green curry paste is just packed with fresh ingredients and it is literally as easy to make as pureeing all of the ingredients in a food processor.

Tip: Thai curry pastes freeze well so I like to divide the curry paste into several 2 tablespoon portions and freeze them and that way whenever I fell like a Thai curry I can just pull one out of the freezer and be ready to go.

Thai Green Curry Paste

A Thai curry paste made with fresh green chilies that is just packed with flavour. This curry paste is easy to make at home and it can be used in many dishes.


Servings: makes 6 tablespoons

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Printable Recipe
Ingredients
  • 6 green Thai chilies (or green chiles de arbol or green jalapenos)
  • 4 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
  • 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons galangal (or ginger), grated
  • 2 tablespoons lemongrass, the lower 2 inches, peeled
  • 2 teaspoons kaffir lime or lime zest
  • 1/4 cup cilantro roots, coarsely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon white peppercorns, toasted and ground
  • 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted and ground
  • 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
  • 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
Directions
  1. Puree everything in a food processor.

Use in:
Thai Fish Green Curry with Asparagus and Peas
Tilapia Baked in Thai Green Curry
Thai Green Curry Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf in a Coconut Milk Green Curry Sauce

Similar Recipes:
Thai Red Curry Paste
Panang Curry Paste

No comments:

Post a Comment