ADS

Green Beans in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce

Green Beans in a Creamy Mushroom Sauce

I always like to include at least one green vegetable in my holiday dinners and very often it ends up being a dish with green beans. Green beans and mushrooms are a combo that I particularly enjoy and I am constantly coming up with new dishes that use them together. More often than not I tend to just saute them together along with some onions, garlic and herbs but for a holiday dinner I was thinking that I would do something a little more special. The basic idea behind this recipe was to start out with nice and innocently healthy steamed green beans and to smother them in a decadently creamy mushroom sauce. The mushroom sauce contains both dried porcini mushrooms, which are just packed with flavour, and fresh cremini mushrooms and if you wanted to be a little more extravagant you could use a combination of wild mushrooms.

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment