ADS

Mexican Pickled Red Onions

Mexican Pickled Red Onions

Pickled red onions have to be one of my favourite condiments at the moment and they are amazing when added to a lot of different things like sandwiches or even tacos. What's more is that they are really easy to make a home so I almost always have some in the fridge. A common base for pickles consists of water, vinegar, salt and sugar and from there you can add various other things like spices, garlic, etc. I recently came across the idea of a Mexican pickled red onion where the vinegar was replaced by bitter orange, such as the seville orange, and I just had to try it out. Unfortunately the bitter oranges do not seem to be in season right now so I was forced to substitute a combination of regular orange juice and lime juice and luckily it worked out well! The Mexican style pickled red onions had a particularly nice freshness to them and the overtones of citrus were really nice! I will definitely be making these pickled red onions again!

I guess the question that you are asking now is: What did I use these pickled red onions in? Stay tuned!

Read the recipe »

No comments:

Post a Comment