ADS

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Cream of Asparagus Soup

Spring is here and asparagus imported from Mexico and the USA has been in grocery stores for a few weeks now. On the weekend I was at the St Lawrence Market and they had the first of the local asparagus that I have seen. I picked up a lot of it!

One of the first things that I tried was cream of asparagus soup. I forgot to pick up the heavy cream that most recipes that I saw called for so I ended up replacing it with some plain yogurt. I also tried adding a bit of flavour by adding some miso. It turned out great. I will have to make it again.

Ingredients:
8 stalks asparagus (cut into 1 inch pieces)
1/2 small onion (chopped)
1 & 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth or chicken stock
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1 tablespoon shiro miso

Directions:
1. Simmer the asparagus and onion in the chicken stock until tender.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Remove some asparagus tips and reserve for garnish.
4. Puree the soup.
5. Mix the miso with a few tablespoons of the soup in a small bowl.
6. Add the miso mixture and the yogurt to the soup and mix.
7. Pour the soup into a serving bowl and add the asparagus tips.
8. Garnish with parmigiano-reggiano if you wish.

Similar Recipes:
Creamy Asparagus Soup with Morel Mushrooms and Ramps
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup
Carrot Soup with Dill Pesto
Cauliflower and White Cheddar Soup with Dill
Soupe a la Courgette (Zucchini Soup)

Does this soup look tasty? Check out the Closet Cooking Soup Cookbook Tasty Soups!

No comments:

Post a Comment