ADS

Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes

Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes

I just could not let blueberry season slip away without making blueberry pancakes at least once. Luckily there were still a lot of blueberries at the farmers market on the weekend and I picked some up. For a recipe, I started with the banana buttermilk pancakes that I had made a while ago and really liked. I have been trying to work more whole wheat flour into my baking lately so I swapped some in for some of the all purpose flour. I replaced the remaining all purpose flour with some ground rolled oats as I had done in the blueberry maple oatmeal muffins that I had just made. The blueberry oatmeal pancakes turned out pretty good. They were a bit more difficult to flip than normal pancakes but they had a nice light texture and they were really moist. I served the pancakes with some maple syrup, blueberries and pecans as garnish. I enjoyed the pancakes so mush that I made them again on the weekend. The second time I made them I enjoyed them with the remaining blueberry maple syrup from the blueberry and shrimp salad from earlier in the week.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (ground in food processor)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter (melted)
1 overripe banana (mashed)
1/2 cup blueberries

Directions:
1. Mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix the maple syrup, buttermilk, egg, butter and banana in another bowl.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
4. Mix in the blueberries.
5. Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
6. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
7. Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.

Similar Recipes:
Blueberry Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Blueberry Crumb Coffeecake
Blueberry Maple Oatmeal Smoothie
Blueberry Cheesecake Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment